Recipes with apple powder
Instantia is part of a group of companies with more than 15 years in the healthy food industry providing our clients the highest quality products and he best service and innovation throughout the process. Also, we have the capability to make final products according to the client specification. Our excellence in service, good price and outstanding quality makes us have an international presence in the European, Asian and United States markets, fulfilling the high quality standards of each country.
Our Company is a leading global natural food company, always focused on working together with the local producers which allow us to get the best product with the highest quality. Some of our products in dehydrated fruits are: pineapple, coconut, apple, mangoes; as well as apple and strawberry powder and apple fiber. All our products are organic and in each one of them is selected from Mexican fields and we carefully process them using low temperatures to maintain the original properties of each fruit to make them healthy.
Our products are healthy and have thousands of uses in everyday life. You can buy dried fruit that you can take as snacks anywhere, or to create a sauce for the next Thanksgiving Day, cakes or pastries. Everything depends on the occasion and our imagination. Our products are 100% natural so you can be sure that with our products your family will have vitamins and minerals needed to maintain your daily activities. The great variety of our products and their quality brought us great international recognition. However, sometimes people do not know how many uses they can give each one of our products; that´s why we want to share with you some uses to apple powder.
Currently in the world there are several products that serve us in the kitchen at the moment of wanting to add density or consistency to sauces, jams, dressings and even ice cream. The most common thickeners are jelly, agar and products that are made from starches.
Neutral jelly has no color or odor. It is of animal origin and can be obtained from the bones and cartilage of animals so they are protein. However, jelly cannot go with all the recipes. For example, it does not go well with acid fruits such as pineapple or citrus fruits such as orange or lemon because these fruits contain an enzyme that causes jelly to not work properly. On the other hand, milk, alcohol and sugar make the jelly better. Jelly (because is of animal origin) gives us protein, salts and minerals that benefit us in the joints.
Agar is a substance made from seaweed. It is not a protein, because it is made of vegetable origin. The difference with jelly is that if we want to use agar as a thickener we should not let the water boil, just heat the water and dissolve what the recipe tells us.
Starch-based thickeners are made from corn, wheat, rice or potatoes. Wheat flour contains starch and is widely used to thicken sauces in restaurants. You can also use breadcrumbs or hard bread.
One of the widely known thickeners is potato starch; and it can be used in powder and is gradually added to the sauce during cooking.
Another well-known thickener is corn starch, which must be dissolved in the cold.
Rice starch is a cereal and is normally used for sauces and creams that are fish or seafood. You can put rice in grain, rice flour or rice starch. The rice grain can be added to the broth and then percolate; the rice flour is added in the sauce and the rice starch must be previously dissolved in cold liquid.
Another thickener that many people do not know is pectin. It is a fiber that is found in some fruits like apple and has the property (just the same as jelly, agar or starch) to thicken and stabilize foods. Pectin is soluble in water, when mixed with sugar or fruit acids can form a kind of gel. Pectin helps make jams, preserves, desserts and other sauces or dressings for better consistency.
In Instantia, we have apple powder that contains lots of pectin. So it is ideal for the restaurant industry or for your home. If you need a thickener but you would like it not to be of animal origin or the recipe contains citrus fruits or fruits like pineapple that do not get along with jelly; one option would be to use this powder to thicken your recipes.
Thickeners that are made of starch, wheat or potatoes are good for the kitchen. However, they do not give us nutrients in our diet. On the contrary they make us feel very satisfied, because they are carbohydrates and cause us to gain weight. On the other hand, apple powder covers all needs. It is a non-fat vegetable thickener and it brings vitamins and minerals to our body. As well as fiber that helps the digestive process. Here are some recipes where you can use our products having excellent results in each recipe.
– Strawberry jam
For this recipe you will need:
- 2 cups of strawberries.
- ¾ sugar cups.
- 1 tablespoon lemon.
- 1 tablespoon apple powder (may vary depending on desired consistency).
In order for pectin to act properly it must have two factors besides the fruit: sugar and acid.
The lemon will provide the adequate acidity to avoid the crystallization of the sugar and will help pectin to work and make the jam have a proper consistency.
-The first step is to choose strawberries that are not very ripe; after that is washing the strawberries and disinfect them as they are the fruits that have more germs because they grow underground.
– Remove the haulm from the strawberries and split them into 4 pieces. If the strawberries are very large you can cut them in 6 or 8.
– In a pan, place the strawberries with lemon, sugar and the powder with low temperature and move it.
– The sugar will melt and when it starts to boil and you should keep moving for another 30 minutes. To verify that the jam is ready we can do a test: place a teaspoon of jam on a plate, and take it to the freezer for 3 minutes to cool the jam and check its consistency. If there is too liquid, you need to continue cooking (or add a little more powder). When we see that the jam has the desired consistency we can turn it off.
– When we turn it off, we have to continue moving every 10 minutes until it cools and we can save it in a jar and then put it in the refrigerator.
This recipe can also work for other types of fruits like raspberries and cherries. If you want to make a jam and you want to know how much pectin the fruit has, when they start to heat (without adding the powder). Separate a little (about 3.38 ounces) and place in a glass. Add a spoonful of alcohol, you can stir it in a glass for a minute and then let it sit. If it turns into gel, it means that it has enough pectin. If large lumps are formed it has medium content; and finally if small lumps are formed it has little pectin.
– Apple puree
This recipe is typical for Thanksgiving or Christmas day. That’s why we wanted to share it with you.
You will need:
- 4.40 pounds of apples (apples can be replaced with more powder).
- 16.8 ounces of water.
- 1.01 ounces of lemon juice.
- 4.46 ounces of sugar.
- 1 teaspoon apple powder (if the powder don´t replace the fresh apples).
– The first step we must do is to place a container with water and lemon.
– Peel and remove the heart of the apples and cut them in 8; then place them in the container that has water and lemon. It is important to put them so that they do not rust and turn black.
– When you finish cutting; the apples are strained and placed them in another pan to heat with two cups of water. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
– After the 20 minutes, add the sugar and put 1 teaspoon of the powder and let it warm another 10 minutes.
– Place the apples in the blender or you can crush it with a fork (if you prefer to have a “homemade” consistency).
– If you want it to be thicker you can add a little more powder or sugar if you want it to be sweeter.
In Instantia, we have a wide catalog of products. These include apple fiber and strawberry powder. Which, they serve for a great number of recipes. For example, strawberry powder does not function as a pectin base; however it is used in thousands of recipes in pastry and bakery. We invite you to know our products in our page, if you have any doubt we will be very happy to help you.